Baldwin Park Unified School District enrollment window is open for registration for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten. Beginning on May 5th, registration packets will be available outside the school office Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Parents may begin to drop off completed packets beginning May 12th during the same days and times.
Baldwin Park Unified School District is providing early admittance to students who qualify for transitional kindergarten, which is a bridge between preschool and kindergarten. It gives young learners a head start and provides them with an opportunity to learn and grow in an environment that is tailored to meet their academic and social needs.
Transitional kindergarten provides children with an opportunity to learn in an enriching and academically challenging environment that nurtures their growth. Research shows that children who attend kindergarten readiness programs like transitional kindergarten are more likely to do well in school and attend college. Parents all over California recognize the benefits of transitional kindergarten, and many parents have already been enrolling their children in similar programs, public and private, for years. Offering transitional kindergarten will help all of our kids get the best start possible, with curriculum that is designed just for them.
Transitional Kindergarten: Students turning five years old between
September 2, 2020 – December 2, 2021 are eligible to enroll. Students turning five years old between December 3, 2020 – March 31, 2021 may enroll if not eligible for District’s early childhood education program.
Submit Document Verification
Bring required documents to De Anza Elementary School to verify registration and eligibility
Required Documents (Please bring the following in person)
- Parent Identification- Photo ID (Must be the parent or legal guardian)
- Proof of Address- Utility Bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement (If proof of address is not under parent's name, additional paperwork is required.)
- Student’s Proof of Age- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Dental Examination- Must be after August 1, 2019 or may submit waiver
- Immunization Record Card-Required immunizations listed below.
- Polio- 4 doses, 3 doses if last one after 4th birthday
- DTP- 5 dose, 4 doses if last one after 4th birthday
- MMR- 2 doses, both after 1st birthday
- Hepatitis B- 3 doses
- Varicella- 2 doses
Forms to Fill Out